There are many blogging sites that may feel better on a blogger’s wallet, but all aren’t ideal for monetization purposes. When it comes to blogging, it is vital to choose the right blogging platform; otherwise, all hard work will go in vain. However, it is a bit confusing decision, especially for beginners. No worries!
In this article, we’re going to discuss the pros and cons of choosing some best blogging platforms to make money.
What is a blogging platform?
A blogging platform serves as the foundation of a blog. All websites are built up of various lines of written code that together build the appearance of the site. Moreover, it contains pre-coded templates to help avoid the coding grunt work to make a blog online.
What are the best blogging platforms to make money?
Here we’re going to cover the five most popular blogging platforms for beginners. Let’s begin!
WordPress.org is open-source software. This is the self-hosted blogging platform means that we cannot sign up with them directly but with a hosting company.
Not only in the passing years, but WordPress.org is one of the most popular blogging platforms of all time and will keep the same position in 2020. Or we can say that in 2020, it is most likely to rank high as it has now added more security features and other advanced features to ease the developer’s job.
WordPress is very easy to use and is currently hosting more than 33% websites. Besides, it has one of the best helpful user communities. Bloggers can get guidelines for using it.
Is it hard to install?
No, it is very easy to install. Most of the hosting company does it for their customers with a single click.
- One of the most popular and easy to use free blogging platform software
- More than 54,000 free plugins are available for WordPress to customize bloggers need
- Easy to build any type of website, online store, forum, personal blog, commercial, news sites, etc.
- Thousands of free and premium themes available
- Very SEO friendly
- Custom themes or plugins as per blogger’s needs.
- Responsive mobile sites
- High performance with high security
- Since WP is a self-hosted blogging platform, a blogger will need to manage his or her blog website on their own
- Regular backups and setting up security required.
Confused? Don’t be! WordPress.org and WordPress.com are not the same blogging platforms.
WordPress.org is the content management system where bloggers develop their blog with a hosting service provider. Whereas, WordPress.com is the same as other free blogging platforms where bloggers create blogs on their site.
Which is the best?
Beginners prefer WordPress.com because blogging is free there but they need to buy a custom domain names and other premium services by paying premium charges.
- Easy to use
- No setup required
- Mobile and Desktop apps to update site
- 3GB storage space
- The content can be switch anytime anywhere
- Free Jetpack essential features
- Limited options
- No advertisement allowed on this blogging platform
- Google AdSense is not allowed
- Only option to earn money is WordAds.
- Any violation of terms and condition would close bloggers account, means they don’t own their blog.
Blogger is another best option for beginners looking for a free blogging platform. It offers a huge collection of free themes. Likewise, by paying charges, bloggers will be able to access premium services.
In this platform, the domain address will be like bloggername.blogspot.com unless they pay for the custom domain names. Moreover, Blogger will allow advertisements as long as a person has Google AdSense. Isn’t it a great platform?
- It’s easy to use – no coding necessary
- Free to use for all
- Allows Google AdSense to earn money
- Offers limited options
- Less chances to grow
- No plugins or extensions available to improve the functionality of the site
- Themes/ Design options are limited
- No account security. Any violation of blogger’s terms and conditions would lead to a closure of account––in short; you don’t own your blog.
Wix is another best blogging platform to make money. It allows bloggers to create a free blog but to get custom domain name they will need to purchase premium service plans––like other blogging platforms.
Furthermore, like WordPress.com, Wix doesn’t let bloggers to put their own ads.
- Quick to set up
- Easy to use drag and drop element with “Wix Editor”
- SEO friendly
- Mobile optimized
- Dynamic page –create a single design for hundreds of pages
- Very limited options for Free account users
- Wix will display their Ads on the blogger’s website
- Not enough free third-party apps
- Limited options for e-commerce websites
- Once the template is set it can’t change
- Not a good option to make money on a free plan
Tumblr is a free micro-blogging website. It has social networking enabled which makes it different from other blogging platforms. A blogger can post multimedia, get approved for Google AdSense, and follow other users’ blogs.
- Tumblr easy to use.
- Unlike other platforms, Tumble has integrated social networking
- Tumblr has limited features
- Due to lack of plugins, it’s hard to add additional features
- It is not easy to move the post to WordPress.org or any other platform.
What are the most common limitations that come with free blogging websites?
- Ownership of domain name
- Ability to earn revenue with ads
- Access to premium themes
- Storage space
- Access to plugins and other features to customize a blog
- And more…
We did a deep dive and highlighted the most popular blogging platforms the web has to offer. However, picking the best blogging platforms to make money is still crucial and requires in-depth research.
Learn which of the above-mentioned platforms is right for you (and why).
Thank you for reading!
To Know more, click here.